On Monday 30 May, 12 Year 7s represented Woodend at an inter school Japanese Quiz afternoon. They were placed in teams with students from other schools. This was a great opportunity to share their knowledge with other students and also learn some new things from their team mates.

Here is a write up of the day from Vanshika from Room 19.

“I was in Team 2 with one of my friends and other students from different schools. We had 8 rounds and some of the rounds were Hiragana, Kanji, Geography, grammar, culture. We got a piece of paper where we had to write the answer. Each round had 10 questions and the questions were on a big screen. Overall I think it was a fun experience and I learnt different things that I never knew or heard of.”

And one from Nikki from Room 19.

“On Monday the 30th of May a group of students from Woodend went to Hindmarsh. We went to Hindmarsh to complete a Japanese quiz. We also did some games. We got to play with Kendama and much more. We were separated into groups at the start. These groups consisted of people from our school and other schools.  We got a total score every couple rounds. At the end of the quiz we got told who came first, second and third. My group was not in the top three. Once we finished the quiz we took a group photo and went back to school. Overall I had a lot of fun doing the quiz and I would recommend it to anyone else for the future.”

Our students were wonderful ambassadors for Woodend. They were excellent contributors within their groups and certainly held their own on the day.

We had 3 boys, Callum, Josh and Josh in the winning team. All students did a fabulous job on the day.

よくできました。Well done!

And well done to Vinall Sensai and Keiko Sensai for their great work with our students right across the school.

Excellent ambassadors for Woodend

Excellent ambassadors for Woodend

True and False game

True and False game

Our winning boys

Our winning boys