It is hard to believe that the first week has gone! The new Reception children have successfully managed their first week of school life. The parents/carers and Reception teachers have benefitted from some quality time to talk about the child and about the year ahead.
We enjoyed meeting you at Monday’s “Cheers or Tears” parent/carer get together. We didn’t have to get many tissue boxes ready but instead had a beverage and enjoyed the company of others experiencing the kindy/school transition for 2017. We had the opportunity to meet Mr Steve Freeman, our new Principal, Pamela Hansen, our new School Chaplain, members of the Leadership team, Governing Council and Parent Network. We had a very positive turn-out and trust that this will set the tone for many school community events throughout the year ahead.
We thank parents/carers for preparing your child to:
- arrive and leave school at the correct school times
- abide by the school uniform policy and dress your child in the correct attire and accessories
and for parents/carers themselves to:
- make a time to have a conversation with the Reception teacher one afternoon
- become networked with our communication choices – Newsblog, Team App, and official Facebook pages associated with the school/class
- make necessary payments such as school and excursion fees
- prepare to attend a Volunteer Induction Workshop (see dates on next post)
- consider a volunteering role eg. parent network, governing council, canteen, sport or classroom helper
We are most appreciative of your involvement in your child’s start to school and we hope that you build a sense of connectedness within our school community.