Dear parents, caregivers,
Sports Day is just 3 weeks away and a program will soon be distributed via the School Blog Post.
Pending any change in SA Health directions, it is our intention to allow one person per family to attend the Sports Day on 29th October 2021. We are keen to allow a number of parents to join us and share in the fun of this event and at the same time, support their child and other students. To do this, we have had to ensure that we follow all SA Health and Education Department requirements while keeping the event manageable for our staff.
We do this with strict Covid protocols in place.
- All attendees must pre-book through “School Interviews”. Tickets will be limited to a maximum of one per family. A link will be included in the School News Blog shortly. This means that only one member of a family may be on school grounds at any one time. The ticket however, may be shared between family members throughout the day. Please write your child(ren)’s name(s) and at least one class teacher’s name on the ticket as well.
- QR coding upon arrival, no matter how short a time you may intend to stay. We will have a number of the QR codes available as you enter the school grounds. Each person entering the school grounds must use the school QR Code.
- Masks to be worn at all times while on school grounds. This includes the oval, hard play areas, hall and gym as well as when walking from one event to another.
- Social distancing between yourself, students, staff and other adults at all times.
- Respecting staff directions as Covid Marshalls. While we will have a number of staff wearing Covid Marshall Vests, directions from any staff member must be followed.
- For class events in the Hall or Gym, social distancing between adults is still required which should be achievable.
- If unwell, please do not attend.
The School Canteen will provide lunches for students only on this day.
As you would be aware, 1 day can make a significant difference and change all our plans at short notice. We will keep a close eye on any Covid related developments as per the SA Health website and The Department’s direction.
This is the first time that we have endeavoured to have parents/caregivers on school grounds for a school event since the Covid restrictions were instigated. It will give us a very good idea if it is something that can be repeated other times if the opportunity arises, or not. We rely on everybody doing the right thing and following our protocols.
At this stage, we look forward to seeing many of you on Friday 29th October 2021.