We are very excited to be able to welcome a limited number of volunteers back on site to support our teachers and students with their teaching and learning programs. This resumption is as long as government health advice and physical distancing requirements are strictly followed.
At this stage, we are able to welcome volunteers for the Kitchen/Garden program and one volunteer to support in the classroom at a time, as needed and at the discretion of the teacher.
Before volunteering at Woodend Primary School, volunteers must:
- complete the ‘volunteer application form’. This form is available from the Front Office and includes:
- a volunteer agreement, acknowledging volunteer and site responsibilities
- an application form and volunteer declaration
- an application for WWCC (Working With Children Check)
- instructions on how to complete the Responding to Abuse and Neglect for Volunteers – Education and Care (RAN-EC) training (mandatory)
- complete the volunteer online induction and RAN-EC training
- read and acknowledge the volunteer role description/s
At the time of a visit, volunteers must:
- enter through the Front Office
- complete the Covid-19 check-in by scanning the QR code or filling in the log
- sanitise hands
- sign in and out at the front desk
- socially distance from other adults while on the school premises eg. classroom, kitchen or garden area
Volunteers must not attend if unwell.
The Kitchen/Garden role statements can be found here.
The Classroom Support role statements can be found here.
Jane Ann Natar Cathie Luke Kerri Bruggemann
Deputy Principal Senior Leader School Service Officer