IGNITE Program for Gifted Children
Aberfoyle Park High School is the official Department for Education (DfE) school for gifted students in the southern metropolitan area of Adelaide. DfE provides extra resources for the innovative IGNITE program designed to cater for the academic, social and emotional needs of gifted students.
The IGNITE Program at Aberfoyle Park High School allows students to:
- work on a curriculum designed specifically for gifted learners.
- be immersed in classes with their intellectual peers.
- accelerate at a rate appropriate to their ability.
- have access to enrichment activities and programs.
Features of the IGNITE program:
- The IGNITE courses are designed with a focus on developing capabilities such as: intercultural and ethical understanding, self-management and social awareness, and critical and creative thinking.
- Aberfoyle Park High School teachers have been trained in gifted education and design curriculum specifically for highly-able learners.
- An ethos and environment which fosters the success of gifted students.
- A history of academic success.
Registration for the IGNITE Program
Students are selected for entry into the IGNITE Program through an ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research) assessment which is held once per year in February. Based on the results of this test, further assessment of suitability may be involved.
Registration to sit the selection test for entry into either Year 7 or Year 8 IGNITE in 2022 is now open.
Please note the testing dates for each entry level below:
Year 6 Test (for entry into Year 7 IGNITE in 2022): Saturday 20 February 2021
Year 7 Test (for entry into Year 8 IGNITE in 2022): Saturday 27 February 2021
Please refer to the flyer that went home last week or log onto the link below.
For all enquiries, please contact the IGNITE team at firstname.lastname@example.org