Dear parents the Woodend Community has been a great supporter of The HEART FOUNDATION for a number of years. Heart Disease is Australia’s number one killer. The Heart Foundation relies on donations to carry out important lifesaving research. We now have the opportunity to support this program by participating in a whole school Jumpathon beginning Monday 27th of May. Many classes have already started jumping and setting challenges.

During this week all students will have the opportunity participate in jump rope activities both at lunch time and during PE lessons. All donations no matter how small will be greatly appreciated!

Fundraising online is easy and helps students raise three times more than those who don’t have an online page. Refer to your brochure that went home recently and register sign up at jumprope.org . Flick the link to family and friends and watch the donations roll in !
Online fundraising pages are secure and protect the privacy of students participating in Jump Rope for Heart.

It’s also lots of fun for students who can earn badges for their skipping activity. So get online and put the fun into fundraising! If you have any questions about your page, please get in touch!
If online fundraising is not your thing you may make donations at school. Fundraising will continue until Friday week 8.

Did you know that the funds Woodend Primary School raises will enable the Heart Foundation to fund patient care and support for children like Cian?

“When I was 5 years old I was diagnosed with a rare condition called cardio myxofibrosarcoma. This usually affects older people – I was the youngest in the world to be diagnosed. I had to get my heart fixed quickly so I went to Sydney to have open heart surgery. It was scary, but the doctors and nurses did an amazing job. Now I’m all better, I want to help other people who have sick hearts. Last year I was one of the highest fundraisers. I raised over $6,000 for the Heart Foundation.”

Mr Trenorden from Woodcroft Primary School spoke to us about his experience running Jump Rope for Heart in Term 1, here’s what he said:

“Jump Rope for Heart is rewarding. It’s been great to see the unity and school culture that grew from the program. Kids skipping individually. Friends skipping together. Groups cooperating and working as a team while skipping. Classes challenging themselves to skip to a record. Families supporting with overwhelming fundraising efforts.The Jump Off Day was a great way to culminate the program. Emma from the Heart Foundation has been very supportive and great to work with. She came out to run some skipping workshops with our students which were well received!”

Not only will Jump Rope for Heart help get your kids active, it will also bring you a great sense of achievement.