We have had some fabulous efforts by our Grounds committee and many volunteers working on our Biodiversity and Nature Play Project and we have thanked them for the great community spirt they have shown.
We continue to have fabulous efforts that all add up to a great culture at our school.
- Thank you to the Meaney family for their contribution to the refreshments for our Volunteers’ BBQ last week.
- Thank you to Simon Cheney for spray painting the fence (pictured above)
- Thank you to Brett Simes for his continued efforts on behalf of the school. Brett is working on creating a large timber version of our logo to go on the wavy fence. Brett also has won for the school two large raised beds, via a competition conducted by Nature Play SA: he wrote a little poem that impressed the judges. Brett also lost some tools during our working bees (2 square mouth shovels and a spade all with wooden handles), Jenny Kustermann and Brian Marshall also lost rakes. There are also some corresponding tools that were left behind so please check your gear and let’s swap them back.
- Haidi Sutherland and Ailee Cheney will also be helping with our plantings along the Edward Beck fence line by preparing the holes this Friday … anyone want to help would be most welcome.
- Monina Gilbey will be helping Year 3 classes plant on Monday 21 September. Again, anyone to help students with 200 or so plants, your help will be most welcome.