Hello my name is Pamela Hansen and I am very excited to be joining the Woodend Primary School community as the new Student Wellbeing person. I am part of the Student Welfare Program which is based out of Centacare.
The objectives of the Student Wellbeing Program are to assist school communities to provide general spiritual, social and emotional comfort and support to all students irrespective of their faith or beliefs.
I would like to share a little about myself. I am a mother and have a child who is now 15 years old. I live in the Adelaide hills and love being around nature. I am an artist who also enjoys surfing, dancing, gardening and cooking (especially cake making). I am also a proud Port Power supporter.
My work history is varied and has always had a community development focus. Over the years I have worked in the following health sectors: mental health, disability, youth and also in primary care including working in schools as a student wellbeing worker. Working alongside children, adults, families and their communities continues to inspire and challenge me. In my work, I strive to support others to have a voice and develop a sense of what a positive wellbeing can look like.
I have qualifications in Counselling and Group work, Art Therapy and training in assessment and education. Working in primary health care over many years has given me the tools, knowledge and skills to work alongside children, their families and their communities. I continue to learn from the children I work with as they teach me about what is important to them in their lives.
While I am here at Woodend Primary School my tasks include:
- Building relationships with students, families, staff and school community
- Supporting students to develop residence and a positive wellbeing
- Providing students, their families and staff with support and /or appropriate referrals to internal/external services as needed.
- Organising one on one or group sessions with students, parents, staff and other members of the school community or appropriate services as requested.
- Facilitating community partnership programs between the school and the wider community.
I look forward to meeting you all. Please come up and introduce yourself to me when you see me out in the yard. I work Mondays from 8am to 4pm and will be based in the administration building opposite Jane-Ann’s office.